The IIDA Power Breakfast – Building Better Healthcare, Sponsored by Construction Specialties@htagvalue> Tuesday, September 20, 2022
The Evolution & Changing Needs in the Delivery of Healthcare & Well-being
Event will be led by Facilitators Kip Altstaetter, Industry IIDA, Principal, (The KipCo & CS Gulf Coast) & Amy Lopez, CHID, IIDA / Vice President of Healthcare | Life Science, McCoy Rockford
WHAT: The IIDA Power Breakfast – Building Better Healthcare, Sponsored by Construction Specialties
WHEN: Monday, 10/10, 9am-10:30am CST
WHERE: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio Texas – ROOM 220
WHO: Event will be led by Facilitators: Kip Altstaetter, Industry IIDA, Principal, The KipCo & CS Gulf Coast) & Amy Lopez, CHID, IIDA / Vice President of Healthcare | Life Science, McCoy Rockford & include the following moderated breakout discussions:
Subtopic #1 - The Evolution of the “Waiting Room” – What are innovative solutions designers are now using, especially after the last 2+ years, to meet the needs of clients & end users?
· Jodi Fernandez, EDAC Director of Consulting at Skyline Art, Houston, TX
· Stephanie Fallon, M.S., IIDA, CHID, Associate Partner, Director of Interiors, PhiloWilke, Houston, TX
Subtopic #2 - Transforming Spaces – Multi-use Design in a (Almost) Post-Pandemic World – The importance of flexibility, agility & speed in design
· Gaurav Khadse (GK.), Assistant Vice President, Facilities Planning and Development at Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
· Maggie A. Duplantis, Director, Clinical Planning & Design, Houston Methodist, Houston, TX
Subtopic #3 - The Familiarity of Space – Designing for comfort, privacy, familiarity, AND equity…how to reach that balance and design effective, comfortable spaces that relieve anxiety & create tranquility.
· Franne Neild Stewart, ASID, CHID, IIDA, Studio Practice Leader - Health Interiors, Vice President, HKS INC, Houston, Texas · Joel Klamin, Director, Facility Design, Legacy Community Health, Houston, TX
Subtopic #4: Bringing the Inside, Outside – The Healing Effects of Outdoor Spaces – What do designers see in trends around biophilic design as we enter another fall/winter season with COVID & now, Monkeypox? Are we seeing greater use of outdoor spaces for a multitude of uses?
· Shannon Oliveira, CHID, RID, IIDA, Healthcare Planner & Interior Designer, CannonDesign, Houston, TX; President, IIDA TX/OK Chapter President
· Rebecca Weems Laskowski, RID, LEED AP, Principal Interiors Project Manager|Facilities Portfolio Management, BOF, University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) – Galveston, TX
Register for the event here.